Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 Favorites

Here we are, wrapping up the remaining days of 2011.  Can you believe it?  I barely can.  And yet, when I was writing a wrap up post on my journey with my One Little Word for this year, I came across quite a few paths travelled.
Mama’s Losin’ It

But, that post is Friday, so do come back!  Today, thanks to Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, I'm sharing a favorite (or simply special) post for each month of 2011.  Grab a cuppa and join me down memory lane.

January
Just before Christmas 2010, I got the uber brilliant idea that it was time to organize my son's crazy huge collection of Lego bricks.  Actually, it was indeed a brilliant idea.  My timing, though?  Not so much. 

And in January, I shared our results and what has become my most frequently visited post of 2011, From Lego Landslide to Organized!

In case you are wondering how well this organization system has worked, I can tell you that a year later, thousands and thousands of Lego bricks are still in their appropriate drawers after hundreds of building sessions!

February
My daughter's sweet face in the morning sunlight had me clicking my camera, capturing one of my favorite photos of the year:  Sweet Lashes.

March
Good friends can make a person tick and I'm lucky enough to have a close friendship with three gals for well over twenty years now, who are like sisters, who keep my heart tick tocking in time.

In Gravity or Instinct, I Just Knew, I shared how I met one of these women, all those years ago.

April
In Even the Easter Bunny Gets Creative, you'll see how that Bunny likes to have fun in our house!

May
I took a stroll down Memory Lane to share this experience:  Sushi Gone Wrong.

June
In R.S.V.P., the first of four fictional characters emerged, Cassie. If you like her, the next installment is Kick Ass Shoes!

July
Taking a day trip to the coast is a favorite activity for all of us; we Love the Ocean, Dig the Beach!

August
When listing 10 Places I Love to Be, I found that not all can be found on any kind of map.  What about you?  Can you look up your favorite places?

September
One of those favorite places in August's list led to For the love of bound paper... - obnoxious signage, promised treasures, and the sad reality that sank in.

October
If you're coming in from Mama Kat's (or one of the millions who read Pioneer Woman), you might remember the prompt that led to the post that showed me I have done more than I realize over the years.  22 things I { have } done

November
After an Unexpected adventure, I felt the impact that someone you don't even know can have.

December
My last piece of fiction shared here this year brings new characters and the beginning to a brand new story, The Doorbell Rang.


What about you?  Where have you journeyed to in 2011?  I hope you'll make one more stop back here this year, on Friday, looking where just One Little Word can take a person.

4 comments:

  1. What?!!? 2012 is almost here!? I cannot believe it but to make myself feel better I treated myself to your wrap up post with a smile on my face at remembering your moments via the blog. Thank you for welcoming me and all your other friends and readers to your sweet and creative world! Many hugs as we hop skip and jump into 2012, friend! *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to link up to my 2011 Year-in-Review party here: http://theterpblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/2011-looking-back.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun was the 22 things I have done prompt? That photo your daughter's lashes- killer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that picture of your daughter's lashes is just incredibly precious :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting! I appreciate and am grateful for all of You who craft some of Your time to leave me comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin