Friday, I celebrated and shared a whole lotta blog love. And when I listed seven tidbits o' me for the Kreativ Blogger award, number seven said, "Little things often make me smile even brighter than the big things." That is oh so true! And since I spent much of last night, through the night, up with my precious baby girl (okay, so she's not a baby anymore, but close enough!) as she coughed and sniffed, and sniffed, and sniffed some more while whimpering for a tissue, I thought today was a perfect day to celebrate some of those little things!
* My kidlets and I crouching low to watch an ant colony move themselves and all of their eggs across the walkway to a flood free zone (aka away from the sprinklers)........made me smile!
* A calendar on the desk filled with family photos........makes me smile!
* Beep, beep goes the microwave, reminding me that my reheated coffee is waiting for me......makes me smile!
* Glistening droplets, left behind from a morning sprinkler shower on the grass, basking in rays from the sun that finally decided to greet us........makes me smile!
* A lazy Sunday spent online with a great friend..........made me smile!
* My daughter asking if we can please go to Trader Joe's "next morrow" (aka tomorrow).......makes me smile!
* Downloading pics off of my camera, just minutes ago........made me smile!
* Listening to my daughter sip her "tea" from her pink Disney Princess tea cup......makes me smile!!
* Listening to beautiful bird chit chat outside and deeply soaking in the fact that the blue jays have not arrived for the day yet.............makes me smile!
* Knowing that my Princess will want more than her usual share of cuddles today......makes me smile!!
* Looking down at the Monopoly board game that still needs to be put away and quickly hearing the laughter that fills the room when our son plays with his Dad.........makes me smile!
* Clothes fresh out of the warm dryer to put on this morning after being chilled from being awake most of the night.........made me smile!
* And just as much as all the happy little noises that fill this house and my life, quiet too.....makes me smile! :>
Another bit that makes me smile is hearing from all of you! But, that is no little thing as I'm always grateful for you taking the time to stop and say hello! What little things make you smile?
4 hours ago