Tuesday, August 23, 2011

SITS Book Club: Secret Daughter

Guess who won another book from the Book Fairy?! William Morrow Publishers gave away 25 copies of the current SITS Books Club book, Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda and I was giddy to learn I won!


Andrea, our rockin' awesome (see?! I told you I was outright stealing the phrase! ;>) SITS Book Club leader listed Secret Daughter in her Top Ten Books for 2010 and now that my copy of the book has arrived, I cannot wait to start reading!

Books to ReadIn July, we read Exposure and had such a fantastic Twitter party with the author of Exposure, Therese Fowler.  I've read books with other groups of people, but I have to say, getting the chance to ask the person behind the words, the writer, questions, give and get feedback about the book truly trumps all other group reading experiences I've had.

If you're not already participating in the SITS Book Club, I highly recommend that you check it out!  Here is a list of the books we'll be reading for the rest of the year.

Come join us for the Secret Daughter Twitter party with Shilpi Somaya Gowda on September 22nd, from 8-9:00 pm CST.  Use or search the hashtag #SITSBooks to learn more, see who else is reading & join us tweeting on the 22nd.  If you want to find me, tweet me @TimeCrafted!


Let's BEE Friends

7 comments:

  1. That is fantastic, sweet girl! Woot!*Woot! for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Free books are awesome. I love book clubs, as long as there is no Jodi Piccoult on the agenda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! This book looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book and absolutely LOVED it. Could not put it down and was so sad when it was all over and done.

    A great read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I haven't read this book yet, but I might have to bump it up on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! I love the idea of getting to read something great and then talk it over with the author. Very cool!

    Congrats on such a FUN win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Glad you got a coveted copy of the book! Your book club sounds very cool, and a wonderful outlet. I love to read and I have toyed around with joining a book club but I am too inconsistent of a reader. Have a fab weekend friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting! I appreciate and am grateful for all of You who craft some of Your time to leave me comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin