Prompt: 10 reasons why you could not be a real housewife from any county.
Okay, I know this is sooo not my usual kind of post. Yes, I like to write along with Mama Kat, but I wouldn't usually choose this kind of prompt.....but, I had to. Will ya roll with me? Hope so!
Confession: Yes, I watch the Real Housewives of insert city/county name on Bravo. Yes, I admit it. I watch. And yes, I enjoy it too. It's a total guilty pleasure. I laugh out loud. I gasp so many times at shocking behavior that my husband often just goes to bed because he's sick of seeing if something is wrong with me. New York was my favorite, but oh how I miss Bethenny...thank goodness she has her own show on Bravo now, Bethenny Ever After. Yup, guilty pleasures.
And while I'm technically a housewife (can't stand that word...just not a label I use for myself), I oh so could not be a 'Real' housewife of New York, New Jersey, or Orange County. (I haven't seen Beverly Hills, Atlanta, or Miami.)
1) I have not had any plastic surgery in the augmentation category (I have had surgeries by plastic surgeons on my face after the accident, but that was sewing me back together again and later, removing large dense hunks of scar tissue so my face would move!).
2) I've never had work done on my face and then claimed it was a result of the product I'm hawking. (See the italics in #1).
3) I do not have three nannies. I do not have two nannies. I do not have one nanny. And other than my Mom taking the kidlets a handful of times, I've never even had a babysitter.
4) My clothing budget is far closer to the bill for their lunch and I've never been into name brands for anything other than quality or a particular design. I don't like things because somebody told me I should like it. (I'm an Aquarius, we like to champion underdogs.)
5) I don't have a housekeeper, though I'm on a global search for Mary Poppins to come sing a song and whisk everything away to where it belongs! If you see her, please do send her this way. I'm nice and willing to share.
6) I think bling is the metal studs on my daughter's Hello Kitty t-shirt and gems on a fabulous papercraft.
7) I don't need or get a new car every season. I drive a nice, not inexpensive car, it's ten years old, and that's okay with me. I like Lizzy!
8) I don't have a dog. I have a cat. She's old. Her name is Bonnie.
9) I don't live in a major city where a Real Housewives show would be filmed. I can go visit those places though. And all of that is just fine with me!
10) I don't trash my friends. Period.
Do you watch Real Housewives? Do you have a guilty pleasure? Oh come on, share....I promise I won't say a word!