Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Oh {MAY}, Oh My!!

I took this last year, about the same time, and I just looked out my rain covered window to see the hydrangeas looking just the same, almost ready to burst out with color. The color changes every year depending on the soil's pH level. I wonder what color they will be this year?

P5200051 a

Several years ago, a friend told me that May was busier than December. I have to admit, my eyes popped wide.....because I just didn't believe that was possible. Oh my, how wrong I was. Very wrong.

May holds Mother's Day, two birthdays in our home, an anniversary, school field trips, end of the school year parties, end of the school year meetings, Open House at school, teacher's gifts to make, friends and family visiting from out of town, a kidlet reminding me daily to bring my purse the week of the Book Fair, and squeezed in appointments all meshed and mashed up with the usual day to day agenda (that included loosing two weeks to that Unwanted Houseguest!). I am in that constant, Go! Go! GO! mode right now and am attempting to keep Elise's (Mamacow Creations) space-time continuum from swallowing me whole! (She said it so well, I couldn't possibly explain it any better than that!! :>)

Thankfully, there have been some very smile worthy moments to share so far this month, with more on the calendar to come! 

Hubby's birthday started the night before, with an evening out for dinner, just the two of us and the next day, he enjoyed getting handmade cards from the kids, unwrapping a couple of presents, and watching, smelling, and then eating the birthday cake the kidlets made for him!

Our Princess had oodles of fun for her little Ariel birthday party.  We all wore our tiaras and she wore a special blinged out one that she got last year for her birthday.  Balloons and streamers decorated the house, in purple and pink, of course.  Hubby BBQ'd and while the clouds threatened all day, they did not spill a single drop! :> 

About two years ago, Princesses' grandmother started building her a Victorian doll house and brought it to her for her birthday this year.  It is absolutely darling and I know she is going to get oodles of fun playtime with it!  Her Auntie Jenn made her a precious candy quilt and two little shopping/utility bags for her to carry just like Mama's! :>  Princess got a real mini tea set, that comes in a sweet little wicker basket/purse and she's overjoyed with it.  She tells me, "I never ever got something breakable before."  And I watch her play gingerly with it and imagine away!

I want to share these treasures with you and so I'm in the process of editing pics from my mother-in-law of the doll house (almost done there) and attempting to take pics of the other treasures (with the clouds more than overspilling their rims today, its mighty dark and making it more challenging!! ....yes, I know I'm spoiled being able to take almost all pics outside! :>).  The doll house will be going up first (later tonight or tomorrow morning).  Hope you'll come back and take a look!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Kare, you're such a love! Thanks for "sharing" the pain of this terrifically OVER-COMMITTED time of year... I remember when I couldn't believe that ANY of the adult stuff was hard! {Doh!} Now look at us! hee hee As always, you put the kids {and that includes hubby!} first and get 'er done! You are DA-best!

    {Tomorrow's road trip - is for YOU! Whooopee}!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes.. May is a zoo! I share the exact schedule! Like a Mirror! Anniversary, 2 birthdays, Mothers Day, and all that school stuff....
    Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!

    I am in the process of cleaning/purging my sons' room full of wheretheheckdidhegetthiscrap stuff. Need to get it done before summer break!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, I didn't know the Hydrangeas change colors - ours are pink every year and meanwhile they are in full bloom. So fun to read about your daughter's new mini tea set! Guess what I found in the attic the other day? I think I must share a picture of that find, if only for the cool 1960s style box in which the tiny porcelain pieces were stored ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH, an Ariel party, so sweet! Enjoy these days cuz soon she won't want any part of the princesses- my daughter is 6 and I like Disney more than her now! ughhhhhh!

    BTW, Is it football season yet, I'm gettin' antsy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun! And busy-ness! Is there a "quiet" time of year? I remember my first (and only) doll house. It was a small wooden house that my mom and my aunt decorated and furnished with homemade furniture, appliances and wall coverings. I LOVED it! Guess I still do, even though the furnishings are gone and the walls and floors are bear, I still have it and treasure the thoughts of how much love went into it for me! Glad your little princess had a wonderful birthday. I'm sure she will always remember how special you all made it for her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting! I appreciate and am grateful for all of You who craft some of Your time to leave me comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin