How do you know you're living in the year 2012?
This is how:
* Pinterest has sucked you in and it's not letting go...thank goodness.
* You're a Droid user and you are finally allowed to play with the cool kids on Instagram.
* Though 365 projects have been around for awhile, finally playing with said cool kids and their snazzy app has you jumping in on the whole photo-a-day thing.
* You open an honest to goodness print book and think Wow, the typeface sure is small... And you're truly not sure if your thinking has skewed you that way because of the number of ebooks you've read this year where you've had the luxury of increasing the font or because you're simply getting older.
It's the ebooks, definitely the ebooks. No, really it must be those ebooks.
* With the premiere of Breaking Dawn Part Two in November, the Twilight Craze will be coming to an end.
* You have Carly Rae Jepson's Call Me Maybe, Gotye's Somebody that I Used to Know, Kelly Clarkson's Stronger, Maroon Five's Moves Like Jagger or Payphone, Pink's Blow Me One Last Kiss or dozens of others stuck on an endless loop in your head.
* There's some girl named Snooki pregnant and having a baby (or just had a baby) and it breaks into mainstream media...as news.
* You turn on the tv, see a ton of trash talk and when you look at the guide you realize you're not watching reality tv...oh wait, it is reality...it's an election year.
* When commercials for major brands include social media jokes as the vehicle to demonstrate the lifestyle you would have if you bought the car they're selling.
* When instead of consulting your refrigerator for what's for dinner, you post on Facebook, tweet on Twitter, search your food board's pins on Pinterest.
* When you talk about taking yourself, a human being, offline for a day or a weekend and not simply a product, a guitar's amp, a hairdryer, a computer.
Okay, apparently, I got into identifying with this 2012 year since I've got eleven on my list. Don't tell on me, 'kay? ;>
What about you? What screams 2012 for you?