Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Fruit to Beat the Heat

After starting the month of June out with rain, Summer has come screaming in with some serious heat!  I like the sun, I can handle it warm, but when the temps climb to near triple digits, I melt into a puddle o' goo!

But, before I melted, I put all the fruit I had picked up at Whole Foods & Costco (can I just say how much I love that Costco is carrying more organic & even gluten free options these days?!) to work.

Summer Fruit Salad

I love fruit salad in the summer!  An apple, watermelon, cantaloupe, blackberries, blueberries, and red grapes.  It's just missing strawberries & pineapple.  And, while I'm out of the former, I do have a pineapple just waiting to be cut into, but I'm holding on to that to throw on the barbeque on Saturday.

Fruit Salad for dinner

Everything, except the watermelon, is organic and tastes delish!  Did you see the new Dirty Dozen & Clean 15 for 2011?  It's the produce that sucks up the most pesticides, making it easier to decide where it's most important to invest your pennies in organic fruits and veggies.

What summer foods have been on your menus?  Is it hot where you live?  How are you beating the heat?

I'm off to pour myself an iced coffee and go blow bubbles with my little Princess (who is getting sooo big!).  Hope your day is a smile worthy one! :>


4 comments:

  1. Um YUM! Thanks for the tips! I'm going shopping today and fruit salad, as "clean" as possible, is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bowl of fruit looks so good I could just dive in! I am also impressed with the amount of organic offerings that Costco has these days. Hope you are enjoying summer and beating the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello my lost lost bloggy friend!! man oh man this looks delish!! i hear you about hot.. it gets so steamy here in Tennessee.. i just stay indoors and my poor little white legs glow in the dark with no suntan on them!! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fruit looks SO good. And I am so not even close to being hungry. But yum!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting! I appreciate and am grateful for all of You who craft some of Your time to leave me comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin