Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Acrylic Play


Singing in my ear, a muse led me to a paint brush and canvas. Wanting to try painting for a couple of years now, I picked up a few canvases at half price some time back. So, with a picture in my head, an assortment of acrylic paints from my scrapbooking supplies (just plain ol' Delta Ceramcoat & Making Memories acrylics), and a couple of paint brushes, I sat down to play. The canvas is 5x7"....I have several sizes, but somehow, smaller was less intimidating to me! The only other 'tool' I used was for the right side. Do you know what I used? Before I started, I knew what effect I wanted and thought I would run to the hardware store to get something to help me create it. Remembering my abundant craft supply stash, I brought out...............Magic Mesh!!! A happy dance is always in order when lonely and forgotten supplies are freed and allowed to play.

I have to admit, I loved it! Smiling the entire time and feeling almost energized by the whole process. Now, I have never painted before. So, please go easy on me....what do you think?

20 comments:

  1. I think it is fabulous! I love the pop of orange, and the lost and found mesh makes me smile! Great first attempt! Can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO, doll face! YEEEE HAW! Let those ponies RUN, girl! Great job! Love your description of the exhilaration you felt: you are darling and that canvas is luscious: awesome, girl! I agree with "Mrs. Fence!" Give us MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Karen, I love that you used forgetton mesh!! I'm gonna do it

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving all the different textures you created Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a little creative joy!! You obviously got your paint on and had a blast. I love that you have several different strokes and textures happening but the wavy swirls in the middle are calling dramatic and meaningful to me. I love that you just followed your vision and SHARED with us. Can't wait to se what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee! This is AWESOME!!! I'm so glad you tried your hand at something new! I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what do I think?? I think it's fab!! I love the effects you have created and the excitmenty of your magic mesh,,it really is magic! Bring on more painting!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very artistic. I like the use of the mesh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, I love the simplicity and texture. Painting can definitely be a fabulous activity for relaxing. You should spend more time dabbling in painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the textural quality the mesh brings to your painting...hopefully you will be doing some more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Karen! What a wonderful surprise to find your comment about my first pink post! Your mesh is a great "thinking out of the box" idea! I too am an artist, and appreciate crafty projects. Blogging is so fun, isn't it? Keep on creating and come again! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its very fun! Where are you going to display it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right now its on my mantle in my living room, but I'm not sure where it will end up...yet! All of you are being so sweet..thank you! :>

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this -- can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the effect you have created on your canvas. Acrylic paints are scary at first and you have painted like you have been painting with them for a long time. Keep going, would love to see your next art.
    Thank you so much for you lovely comment left on my blog, lovely to hear from you and I had the pleasure of visiting your blog and seeing your beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think it is too cool for school
    how fun to pull out oldies and find new purpose for them. awesome job girly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice! how creative! OH! and I awarded you the LOVELY BLOG AWARD! check out my blog to see! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! The magic mesh looks great on it. Very artistic painting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Karen! This is fabulous! I love the swirls of mixing color. It makes it look like you are still working on it, that it is still in motion. And the mesh effect is grand! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting! I appreciate and am grateful for all of You who craft some of Your time to leave me comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin