Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cupcake PlayDays

I've been in a daze of cupcakes, sprinkles, frosting, and fun these days. No, there aren't any great smells wafting in from the kitchen, more like the paper, ink, markers, and Crystal Effects kind! I wanted to make a birthday card and knew I wanted to use the one and only cupcake set that I own. I made several cupcakes using both markers and alcohol inks. What I am sharing today is a card made with a cupcake using Bic Mark-It Permanent Markers and Prismacolor Markers. Hopefully, the alcohol inked ones will make it to paper soon.

I stamped the cupcake, colored the frosting with the Bic markers and the wrapper with a Prismacolor marker. But, my cupcake was in serious need of some sprinkles! Not happy with any of the embellishment options I already had (bling, dew drops, brads, etc.), I opted to color some white cardstock with both kids of markers, punch them out with a hole punch, and then add Crystal Effects to the top of them....super easy! By far, the most difficult part was not touching them and waiting for them to dry! I also did not have the right shade of yellow cardstock to stamp the "Happy Birthday" sentiment on, so I again colored white cardstock with the same yellow marker I used to color the frosting, stamped the sentiment, and trimmed it out....voila! matching yellow cardstock! I had so much fun making my sprinkles and more than half of them did survive the drying process (and my impatience AND curious kidlet fingers!). I am so excited that I can make these little embellies in any color that I have a marker for!



Supplies:
Stamps: Inkspirations (no longer in business) - cupcake & sentiment; Papertrey Ink - Polka Dot Basics
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stampers Select White & Pure Poppy; SU! - Pacific Point
Patterned Paper: Yellow w/polkas - stash (from about eight years ago...no wonder I hold onto stuff!)

Ink: Versamark, Versafine - Onyx Black, Bic Mark-It & Prismacolor Markers
Other: Ribbon - stash (from a great swap), SU! - Crystal Effects, foam squares - Target $ Spot

2 comments:

  1. Karen! THose dots turned out FAN-TasTIC! I'm so glad you got to use them right away too :) THey really do look just like sprinkle candies :) Great share, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Karen! I love your use of yellow. It's so rarely used but its such a fun color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for visiting! I appreciate and am grateful for all of You who craft some of Your time to leave me comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin