Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SOPA Strike


Do you know about SOPA?  What about it's counterpart, PIPA?

If you blog or use social media, you've probably heard about it.  That's how I first heard about it several months ago - on Twitter.

If you don't already know about it, chances are you will by tomorrow.

January 18th is #SOPAstrike where many large websites (and even more smaller ones too) are going black for the day in protest to encourage everyone (because it truly will effect everyone who uses the internet for anything if passed) to contact your representatives in Congress.



(I found the video a bit jumpy in the beginning, but I suspect it was due to high traffic. It does settle down and I'm including it because I feel it's a worthwhile watch.)

I'm keeping this short & simple because I want to you click through to the links with more information.




Be informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting! I appreciate and am grateful for all of You who craft some of Your time to leave me comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin